In addition to completing the registration below, financial services organizations
must complete the
FBIIC Request for GETS Sponsorship
and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizations should also review the
Financial and Banking Information Infrastructure Committee's policy on GETS sponsorship
also provides links to regulator-specific guidance.
The priority features provided by GETS and WPS are intended for use in restoration of the
Emergency Alert System (EAS) and for mass dissemination of emergency messages to the
general public when requested by government officials.
- Identifying organization staff with NS/EP responsibilities
- Submitting all GETS requests for eligible users within their organization
- Distributing GETS cards to users (GETS cards are sent to the POC for control and distribution)
- Familiarizing users with GETS
- Reviewing monthly reports listing all GETS calls made by users in their organization and
certifying that the calls constitute valid and appropriate GETS usage
- Regularly reviewing and updating GETS card holdings (and WPS where applicable) to cancel
personnel who have left the organization or no longer qualify for the programs.
Recommendation: include requesting/cancelling of GETS and WPS as part of organizational
- Completing periodic revalidations to ensure all GETS records are accurate
Note: GETS and WPS are for use on a call-by-call basis, after encountering congestion
in the wired or wireless public phone networks. GETS access codes and PINs are
not for use in mass calling equipment.